PUT YOUR TRUST/HOPE IN GOD.
“This is what the LORD says: “Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans and turn their hearts away from the LORD. They are like stunted shrubs in the desert, with no hope for the future. They will live in the barren wilderness, on the salty flats where no one lives.
“But blessed are those who trust in the LORD and have made the LORD their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they go right on producing delicious fruit”. “LORD, do not desert me now! You alone are my hope in the day of disaster. ” Jer.17:5-8, 17. NLT.
Thank God for relationships and connections. But heed the warning of the Lord. Do not put your trust or hope in man, it will only attract disappointments and curses. No person or persons should replace God in your life. God must be God. If you do, the Word says that you shall be like trees planted along a river bank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat, (physical, economic, political or spiritual) or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they go right on producing delicious fruits. Jer.17:7-8.
Beloved, do not give up hope. You may not know a way out of your predicament or situation, look unto Jesus, He is the way.
WHY PEOPLE LOSE HOPE?
- When all they know to do have failed: Even when the above has happened you need to know that God is not limited to your thinking or efforts. He will still make a way. Peter in the Bible was an experienced fisher man. He had tried all his efforts to catch some fish in a prolonged night operations but caught nothing. Jesus met him in the morning while he was washing his nets to go home in frustration. Yet, he had done all he could do but that was not the end of the game. When God gets involved in your situation, solution is bound to come. At the instruction of Jesus Christ, the Lord to Peter, the force of stagnation, frustration and despair was broken. “Launch into the deep, ad let down your nets for a draught” was the word of the Lord to Peter. As he obeyed despite what looked like a contrary action to fishing ethics “they en closed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.” 5:4&6. It is not over till it is over.
- When there is a delay: Delay is not denial. Dictionary gave definitions of ‘delay’ as:
- To put off until a later time; to distract.
- To retard; to stop, detain, or hinder, for a time.
In all the definitions given above, it is clearly seen that whatever happens to our expectation, it is clearly seen that whatever happens to our expectation, it is not going to be a permanent issue. It is for a time. Of course we will need to hold on to our faith and be constant in our confession as we resist the devil over our expectations. However we never forget that while we are eager to see our breakthrough, we must also allow God to do what He will do in His own time. Stop the agitations; stop your worrying and all the anxiety. He that shall come will come and will not tarry… but you will need to maintain your confidence in the Lord and His word and be patient for His timing. Heb.10:35-38.
Let see the story of a woman in 2Kings.4:8-17 in the Bible and see how God turned around her situation. Even when she seemed to have closed the case of having a child in life, her hospitality opened for her a door of fruitfulness.
“And it fell on a day, that Elisha passed to Shunem, where was a great woman; and she constrained him to eat bread. And so it was, that as oft as he passed by, he turned in thither to eat bread. And she said unto her husband, Behold now, I perceive that this is an holy man of God, which passeth by us continually. Let us make a little chamber, I pray thee, on the wall; and let us set for him there a bed, and a table, and a stool, and a candlestick: and it shall be, when he cometh to us, that he shall turn in thither.
And it fell on a day, that he came thither, and he turned into the chamber, and lay there. And he said to Gehazi his servant, Call this Shunammite. And when he had called her, she stood before him. And he said unto him, Say now unto her, Behold, thou hast been careful for us with all this care; what is to be done for thee? wouldest thou be spoken for to the king, or to the captain of the host? And she answered, I dwell among mine own people. And he said, What then is to be done for her? And Gehazi answered, Verily she hath no child, and her husband is old.
And he said, Call her. And when he had called her, she stood in the door. And he said, About this season, according to the time of life, thou shalt embrace a son. And she said, Nay, my lord, thou man of God, do not lie unto thine handmaid. And the woman conceived, and bare a son at that season that Elisha had said unto her, according to the time of life.” 2 Kings 4:8-17. KJV.
The woman in question in this passage had given up hope on having a child in life. Even while prophet Elisha was declaring the word of God over her life she couldn’t believe it but God brought His word to pass at the time of life. She truly have her baby. If you can believe, you will see the glory of God. Do not give up. Delay is not denial. From the story of this woman, something came to strongly and that is her heart for hospitality and meeting other people’s needs. Sometimes God will allow you to see the need that other do not see if you keep seeing or noticing it, it is because God has assigned you to do something about it. In most cases it is a way to connect you to God’s blessings or miracles in your life. The woman influenced her husband to meet the need in the life of the prophet and the God of the prophet turned around her situation. Within a year impossible became possible in her life.
- When we feel we don’t have or know anyone. “Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk. And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath.” John 5:8-9. A story was told of a man with 38 years of infirmity at the pool of Bethsaida. The reason he remained in that condition was because men or others always outran him to get into the water while the angel came to stir the water for healing once in a year. He had missed his chances 38 times. One good thing about the man was that he didn’t give up. He stayed there. Jesus went to him and asked whether he wanted to be healed or not. His reply was “I have no man”. Jesus healed him anyway. If you are connected to Jesus you have got it made, it’s a matter of time. Stay with Him. Don’t quit on Him. You don’t need to know everybody to make it in life, if you know the Lord who made all men, He will connect you with whoever is necessary for your breakthrough in life.