“I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.” Rev 3:8.
The Lord has set before you an open door, and no man can shut it. He is the one that has the key of David. When He opens no man can shut and when He shuts no man can open. This is your season of open doors!
What is a door?
According to Chambers English Dictionary, “a door is the usual entrance into a house, room, or passage: a frame for closing up the entrance: a means of approach or access. In another dictionary it is defined as a swing or sliding barrier that will close the entrance to a room or building or vehicle. Anything providing a means of access”.
A door can be shut or closed. Doors become necessary when precious or valuable things are kept in a place. It is to protect human beings as well as things.
In the spiritual realm also, there are doors and when they are opened they result to opportunities on earth. These make human to enjoy free access to their portions and inheritances on earth. With little or no effort, people’s endeavours enjoy prosperity and uncommon favour. But not until the doors are opened. May your doors of favour and breakthrough be opened this season in Jesus’ name.
Open doors mean acceptance, favour, interest, delight, abundance, breakthrough, results, fruitfulness and possibilities, etc.
A lot are facing frustrations today simply because they have met with closed doors in their attempts to move forward in life. While we cannot rule out the fat that there could be many reasons for the above, I want to declare to you by the Word of the Lord that you door of opportunities shall yet be opened in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Shut doors mean: frustrations, failure, defeat, discouragement, rejection, stagnation, backwardness, delay or procrastination, vicious cycle, lacks etc. You must pray to God today that He will have mercy on you and let your necessary doors be opened.
TYPES OF DOORS IN LIFE
- Doors of Opportunities: This could be for job, contracts, admission, service, blessings, leadership, promotion, divine announcement for destiny fulfilment etc.
- Doors to Greatness or Unusual Breakthrough: “And the asses of Kish Saul’s father were lost. And Kish said to Saul his son, Take now one of the servants with thee, and arise, go seek the asses.” 1 Sam 9:3. Saul left home one day as a donkey seeker he returned as an anointed king over the land of Israel. It was an errand of destiny.
- Doors of Favour: “And the LORD gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they lent unto them such things as they required. And they spoiled the Egyptians.” Ex 12:36.
- Doors to preach the gospel in your vicinity and beyond. This could lead to towns, cities, states and nations. “Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ’s gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord”. 2 Cor 2:12
- Doors of utterance. This is the ability to speak the right message at the ritht time to the right people to the glory of God. “Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds:” Col 4:3.
- Doors of Faith: “And when they were come, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles” Acts 14:27. Until this kind of door is opened by the Lord unto unbelievers, the Gospel has no meaning to them, we must pray earnestly that this door be opened so that the Gospel can have a penetrating effect upon the hearts of men and make them to have the harvest in salvation, healing, deliverance and total commitment to follow the Lord. “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” Rev 3:20.
- Door to a deeper insight and revelation in the knowledge of God and His agenda. “After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.” Rev 4:1.
- Door of Fruitfulness: “And God remembered Rachel, and God hearkened to her, and opened her womb.” Gen 30:22.
- Door of God’s abundance and treasures. “The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.” Deut 28:12.
- Doors to the heart of men. “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me”. 3:20.
REASONS FOR CLOSED DOORS
- Sin. Sin is a robber. It is the enemy of human destiny. We cannot continue in sin and expect the grace of God to continue. If you really want your doors to open, if you are tired of frustrations in life, then make up your mind that you will separate yourself from sin and separate yourself unto the Lord in holy living.
- Wrong Foundation: Check on your foundations. What wickedness runs in your generation? What about your life? Many are living under so many curses in life because of wickedness they had done against others. What you need is repentance and where you need to restitute i.e. to go and ask for mercy or return anything, you must do it. Then turn to God for His mercy and your story shall turn to glory.
- Satanic Confrontation: The devil is a bad devil. He doesn’t play fairly. Truly, he comes when sin and wrong foundations are not dealt with. But at times he just comes to frustrate a glorious destiny. Through the weapons of holiness and fervent prayer as a believer you will breakthrough if you pray right.
- Disobedience: One of the ways to open your doors is through giving. God has placed this mechanism in the covenant in order for you to beat the devil at it at any time. Give your tithes, give your offerings, be involved in kingdom projects.
- Wrong Attitude: Hatred for others turns you a murderer. You must love God with all your heart, strength and mind. Love your neighbours also by showing them the way of Christ. Do not abandon them. Love them to salvation. Learn to forgive and release others. You cannot be walking in bitterness of heart and expect you doors to be opened.
If you have never given your heart to Jesus Christ, this is the time to do so. Your doors must open. Jesus said in John 10:9 thus: “I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture”. If you want to receive Jesus as your Lord and saviour, pray this prayer:
Father, in Jesus’ name I come to you now, I acknowledge my sinful life and ways. I ask for your mercy upon my life. Forgive me my sins. Cleanse me with the blood of Your Son Jesus Christ. I confess that Jesus is the Son of God. I confess and accept Jesus Christ as my Saviour and my Lord now and forever. Thank you for saving me according to Your Word that if I shall confess with my mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in my heart that God has raised him (Jesus) from the dead, I shall be saved, Rom.10:9. Thank You for saving me, in Jesus’ name. (Amen).
Prayer For Open Doors
- Father in Jesus’ name, I ask for the forgiveness of my sins this day. As I confess my sins and the sins of my ancestors which have formed a wrong foundation for my life, please forgive and cleanse me and my foundation in Jesus’ name. Father start a new thing in my life in Jesus’ name.
- Father in the name of Jesus, I thank You for Your plan for me is not frustration but prosperity and breakthrough.
- I ask Father, whatever may be responsible for closed doors in my life, let it be removed now in Jesus’ name.
- Lord Jesus, I call upon you, let my doors of (mention the kinds of doors you want) be opened by your keys in Jesus name.
- I commit my life to a life of purity, love, giving and obedience to God in the name of Jesus.
- Satan in the name of Jesus I resist you. I hold the blood of Jesus against you and I command that you get out of my way in the name of Jesus.
- Any demon assigned to block my way of breakthrough, is bound in Jesus name. I command you to stop in your operation against my life and I command that you desist from your manoeuvring against my open doors in Jesus’ name.
- I declare in the name of Jesus that the blessings of opened doors are mine from this day forward. I will move forward. I am favoured and highly blessed in Jesus’ name.